The Gladys Carol Scholarship Program is open to high school seniors, high school graduates, current postsecondary undergraduates, and graduate level students who are United States citizens or permanent residents. They must be enrolled in a full-time STEM (science, technology, engineering or math) field of study at an accredited, non-profit public or private four-year college or university in the United States.
A Gladys Carol Scholarship is an award up to $5,000, and based on merit and financial need. A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.75 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent) is required.
A Gladys Carol Scholarship will award $2,500 for one year of study, and will automatically renew and award $2,500 for a consecutive year of study if the following pre-requisites are met:
They must stay enrolled in a full-time STEM (science, technology, engineering or math) field of study at an accredited non-profit public or private four-year college or university in the United States for the follow-on academic year.
Achieve a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.75 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
Achieve a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent) while working in a paid position or internship, or as a volunteer, or a combination thereof a minimum average of 16 hours per week.
Basic Award Criteria:
1. Applicant must be enrolled full time as defined through credit hours at their institution.
2. Applicant must be majoring in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math field.
3. Applicant must have a minimum, cumulative GPA of 3.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
4. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident with a permanent resident ID card or current passport.
Submit your completed application, along with the following:
1. A copy of your most recent transcript with cumulative GPA.
2. Acceptance letter or enrollment letter from your institution.
3. A copy of the Student Aid Report [SAR] from Free Application for Federal Student Aid [FAFSA], if you are applying for, or have applied for student aid.
4. Personal Essay. In your essay, please answers the question (in 250 words or less) “How will this scholarship help you meet your educational and career goals?”
Mail your application package to:
74404 Pinon Drive
29 Palms, CA 92277